David Rumbens is a Partner within Deloitte Access Economics. He is a macroeconomist with extensive experience in applied economic and quantitative analysis of the Australian economy, along with considerable experience in labour market analysis.
David is a regular commentator on macroeconomic trends, and prepares a weekly economic briefing newsletter.
He is also author of the quarterly publication, Retail Forecasts, which provides a detailed analysis of the drivers of retail spending and trends likely to emerge. Projections are based on a detailed consumer demand model.
David’s key areas of expertise include:
- Economic modelling and analysis of retail sales
- Labour market economics, including projections of skills demand
- Tertiary education, including demand from domestic and international students
- Property market analysis including projections for housing prices and construction cost
- Economic and public policy analysis including review of government programs.